Many persons are suffering from obesity, or they are over-weight, but at the same time, many people are skinny or underweight.
Being underweight is one of the biggest problems for teenagers.
They feel shame on their physique as clothes don’t fit on them.
Being underweight is equally bad as being overweight.
There are many reasons for being underweight.
We will be discussing how you can gain weight fast and naturally in a few months in the article below.
Are you underweight?
Persons having BMI less than 18.5 comes under the category of underweight.
You can refer this calculator to examine whether you are thin or not.
At the same time, many people are born skinny, but that doesn’t mean that they are not healthy.
Although it is found that skinny persons are more energised and fit.
Health outcomes of being underweight
All the people around us are talking only about obesity.
But being underweight is as bad as being obese.
Not all people experience this kind of side-effects, but many underweight persons experience this kind of side-effects.
1. Feeling tired all the time- as they are skinny, their body is burning more and more calories due to fast metabolism. We measure energy in term of calories.
Due to an insufficient amount of calories body starts feeling tired, no heat left due to absence of sufficient calories.
2. Anaemia- Generally, it is found that persons who are underweight have low blood counts known as anaemia which causes a different type of health issues like headache, dizziness etc.
3.osteoporosis- The condition in which bones become brittle and more likely to breaking, it is found that people who are skinny or underweight suffers from this kind of disease.
various reasons for being underweight
1. Irregular patterns of eating- Many people eat anytime but can be the reason for being underweight. You should be eating daily at the proper time. Like if you have your lunch at 2 pm, then you must consume your daily lunch at 2 pm, not at any time. Having this kind of irregular patterns of eating doesn’t allow your body to absorb your food properly due to which results in underweight.
2. Thyroid- Many people don’t know that thyroids are off two types, one in which you gain weight rapidly and the other in which you start losing weight very fast.
Hyperthyroidism is an overactive thyroid which boosts the metabolism and causes unhealthy weight loss.
**Being skinny that doesn’t mean that you are suffering from thyroid, but if you are losing rapid weight then you can visit a doctor and identify the actual reason for weight loss**
There are many other health issues which might be the reason for underweight. You can visit a doctor and determine the cause.
How To Gain Weight fast and naturally
Firstly, we need to understand that gaining weight doesn’t mean we will gain unhealthy weight.
By eating unhealthy foods, you can quickly gain weight but might give birth to many other health issues.
It is found that people with unhealthy weight have type-2 diabetes and heart diseases.
Eating too many sugary foods and junk foods will surely result in weight gain, but our primary goal should be healthy, not weight gain.
Now we will discuss how you can gain healthy weight in a minimal amount of time.
be in a caloric surplus
Caloric surplus means you need to eat more no of calories than your body burns.
Using this calculator, you can calculate how much calories do you need to gain weight and build muscle.
Many people are in the state in which they don’t gain weight and don’t even lose weight. This state is known as the maintenance state.
Because they are consuming maintenance calories, they are not gaining weight or losing weight.
For quick weight gain, you have got to eat more than your maintenance calories.
When you start eating more calories than the calories your body burns slowly, you will start gaining weight.
If you want to increase weight slowly and safely, then start by adding 300-400 calories per day more in your diet.
eat the right amount of protein
Protein plays a very crucial role in gaining weight and increasing muscle mass. Muscles need protein to grow.
Eat 0.5-0.8 gm of protein per pound.
Keep in mind protein can also make you feel full for a long time due to which you may not be able to eat more food.
So eat protein in the right amount not too much not too less.
High protein foods are fish, eggs, red meat, milk, legumes, etc.
You can even buy protein supplements if you are not able to make up your daily protein intake.
eat plenty of carbohydrates
Carbohydrates are the one which will help you the most in gaining weight.
If your only goal is to gain weight, then you can easily have more and more carbohydrates and increase weight rapidly.
But in an ideal situation, your carbohydrates protein and fats percentage must be 40 % carbs, 30% protein, 30% fats.
Eating only carbohydrates will result in unhealthy weight gain.
use energy-dense foods
Many people are not able to gain weight due to their small appetite. They are not able to eat a sufficient amount of calories from proteins and carbohydrates.
If you are the one having a low appetite, then fats can help you too make up your calories and gain weight fast and healthy.
Use peanut butter– Peanut butter can help gain weight.
One tablespoon of peanut butter contains almost 100 calories. By adding one tablespoon of peanut butter in 2-3 meals, you will quickly eat 300 calories.
Use dark chocolates– Dark chocolates are beneficial for us because it contains many anti-oxidants.
Even dark chocolates are high in calories.
Use oils – Oils like coconut and olive are very healthy.
Oils are highly caloric, use oil while making vegetable or sprinkle some amount of oil on salads.
Use high-fat dairy products- Use full-fat milk, full-fat yoghurt etc.
Many of these foods will keep you full, but in starting you need to push your eating limits then your stomach will become used to it.
join gym today
If you are trying hard to gain weight but not getting any results, then join the gym today. Exercises can help you to gain weight.
In weight gain process you don’t end up getting fat, so it is very important that excess calories help in building muscles not in increasing the body percentage in the body, for which it is crucial to do strength training.
By increasing fats in the body, you will gain weight but that weight, in the long run, will cause serious issues.
Try to lift heavyweight with 6-12 repetitions for starting three months with a primary focus on compounding exercises.
Don’t ever go with isolation exercises in starting months because isolation exercises engage single muscles while compounding exercises engage multiple muscles.
Nine more fast tips for gaining weight
- Drink sufficient amount of water. Many people don’t have a habit of drinking water. Water is essential for your body to absorb the nutrients from the body and don’t forget 75% of the body is made up of water only.
- Eat foods every 2-3 hours.
- Try to consume calories with shakes so that you can drink a huge amount of calories quickly.
- Avoid smoking
- Use creatine; creatine can help you in gaining a few pounds rapidly.
- Take proper sleep of 6-8 hours; your body needs rest to repair the muscles which you have broke in the gym.
- Use sauces in foods, sauces contain high calories.
- Use whey protein; if you are not able to eat your daily protein intake, then whey protein would be the best alternative for making up daily protein intake.
- Drink milk; milk contains various nutrients for our day to day life . also includes proteins and fats.